Copyright © All rights reserved King's Cliffe Heritage
Canon John Bryan (1917 – 2010) was Rector of King’s Cliffe from 1956 to 1985. During those years, he developed a deep and lasting interest in the social history of the village and its people. He researched and gathered material from many local sources and from the public records and this collection now forms the basis of our King’s Cliffe Heritage archive. In later years, he wrote a series of features based on his research into different aspects of King’s Cliffe past.
We are delighted to be able to make these features available to read on our website as a lasting tribute to
Canon John Bryan.
“The late Canon John Bryan seen here in 1971 standing alongside the medieval boundary stone between King’s Cliffe and Blatherwycke parishes. This boundary stone has since been adopted as the emblem of King’s Cliffe Heritage.”